What do I do about copyright?

Start on it now! Your marching circuit should have information. Three excellent resources are Tresóna Licensing Exchange (they will do all the work for you), CopyCat (HS Marching BandColor Guard, and Percussion Ensemble), and the Music For All website that has a lot of information, and the necessary forms and contacts to try doing it on your own.